Thursday, May 31, 2012

Witches' Brew Completed! Do I Smell a Contest?

Hello Beardies,

A few posts ago, I announced that I was cooking up something good for all of you.  After days of planning and getting all my ingredients together, the Witches' Brew is complete.

If you recall my post on May 20th, I announced the release of Michael Scott's The Enchantress, which hit store shelves on May 22nd.  Before closing the post, I--half-jokingly, might I add--announced the following to all of you:
"With any luck, perhaps The Bearded Scribe will someday feature an interview with Michael Scott. If you have specific questions you'd like to see asked, please leave them in the Comment section below."
I was happily surprised the next day when I received a Direct Message on Twitter from Michael saying that he would love to do an interview.  Of course, I slung my cauldron on the fire and begin brewing immediately.

After a few messages back and forth and an email to a publicist at Random House, I finalized the details of my brew...



As a preliminary post to Michael's featured "Author Spotlight" and Interview, I decided to launch a contest.  The prize:  An Autographed copy of The Enchantress.  The winner:  selected at random from the qualifying candidates.

How to Qualify

1. In order to be considered for the prize, the contestant MUST be a registered member of The Bearded Scribe blog.  You can sign-up easily by clicking the "Join this site" link on the left sidebar.  You are then qualified.  Doing the following steps will not be considered an entry until this first step is completed.

Additional Entries

2. Once you are a member of The Bearded Scribe on Blogger/Google Connect (or if you are already), please click the links to the left to Follow The Bearded Scribe on Facebook & Twitter (or simply click the embedded links).  By following you will receive another entry (each) in the contest, but you must show that you are following because of the contest.  Otherwise, I will not be able to track the traffic.

To verify that you are Following due to the contest (or if you already Follow on Twitter and wish to enter), please reply to The Bearded Scribe with the following: "@beardedscribe Please enter me in the #beardedscribecontest-enchantress."  No exceptions will be made to be considered for an entry.

To verify that you are Following due to the contest (or if you already Follow on Facebook), please leave the following comment under the "Witches' Brew Completed" post on the page: "Please enter me in The Bearded Scribe contest to win a copy of The Enchantress."  No exceptions will be made to be considered for an entry.

3. The third and final way to gain another entry into the contest is to leave a comment on this post (on the blog) with a question that you would like to see asked during my interview with Michael Scott

(Note: repeated questions will not be considered qualifications for an entry, so please read through the other questions before submitting your own.)

It does not matter if the usernames for each of the sites match, as each entry will be considered regardless of username, providing, of course, that you are a registered member of the blog.

The contest ends at midnight on June 5th (UPDATE!!! the contest ends at midnight on June 10th), at which point I will place all entries in a randomizer software which will choose the Winner.  Remember, the more entries you have, the greater your chances are of winning.

I am excited to see how many people begin following The Bearded Scribe, and I am very excited to read all of your questions.

Good Luck to All & Happy Scribing!


20 comments:

  1. Ooo! What a wonderful development. So, I'm not officially entering the contest since I'm a guest blogger here, that would be unfair, I think, but I would like to ask Mr. Scott: "How did the initial idea for The Enchantress come about?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Court, I'm not entering the contest due to potential conflicts of interest, but I'm dying to know:

    "Now that you've finished the Nicholas Flamel series, what new projects are you working on?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the great questions. Please spread the word about the contest to all your book-lover friends! Would love to read the questions and increase TBS' following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far I've done everything and I really hope I win as Michael was not able to visit new York for a signing so this would be a small dream come true...

    My question: I've always wondered where you concocted the idea for auras to have smells? Also if you had an aura what would you make your fragrance?

    Good luck everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question(s) Josh. I will surely ask them on the interview!

      Delete
  5. now that the flamel series is done, is there any possibility that you'll make another series connected to it? or maybe a series with one of the characters in the flamel series as the main character?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for arranging this. My question is did you have a favorite character to write for, and if so did it change throughout the series?

    ReplyDelete
  7. MY question is are there any updates on the film adaption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This question is on my original list of questions, so I will definitely ask it. If you would like to be considered for the contest, you must become a member of The Bearded Scribe first.

      Delete
  8. This is the series that inspired me to start writing, and I can't believe the last book is finally coming out. Really hope I win!
    My question: What was the most challenging part of the series for you to write, and what characters were the most difficult to write for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would like to be considered for the contest, you must become a member of The Bearded Scribe first.

      Delete
  9. Ok My question for you is how are you going to incorporate all the different point of views of the characters from your story in the film adaption? As well as the flashbacks and "memories" from each character as well. That is if you are continuing with the film adaption.

    Also there are hundreds of historical figures out there in the world what made you decided on the characters that you have chosen? What makes them special than the rest? I.E Virgina Dare, Billy the Kid, William Shakespear...etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Questions, Oscar. I will definitely be asking the second one. As far as the first question goes, I do not believe Michael has much personal control over the outcome of the film adaptation. I will rearrange the words a bit and get the answer you are seeking. :)

      Delete
  10. Oh, a question? Very well.
    I'd very much like to know how Mr. Michael Scott came to know all these amazing places, and if he'd been there: Alcatraz, and Notre Dame, how had he managed to mimic each place into his books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this oportunity, in Spain it is the greatest chance i have to get a signed book :)
    My question is: the main characters are inspired by real life people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos: most of the characters are inspired by actual historical figures... Would you care to clarify this question or submit another to be considered for the interview?

      Delete
    2. i meant josh, sophie and the flamels

      Delete
  12. I have another question, you don't have to enter it to the contest if you don't wish (since it's my second answer).
    Why Did Mr. Michael Scott choose these specific characters to be heroes in his book? Why specifically Niccolo Machiavelli, Billy the Kid, Doctor John Dee and Nicholas Flamel?
    Why enter Prometheus and Virginia Dare, Niten and Tsagaglal to the plot? Why these historical figures and not other, or even imaginary ones?

    Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this series! :D Winning an autographed copy of The Enchantress would be amazing :) do I only have to do one of the above to enter? Does doing all of them give me more chances?
    GFC: cherry^^
    Twitter: @cherrypie367
    Facebook: Cherry Pie
    Question: Have you always wanted to be a writer? Any advice for young writers?
    Also, is this is open to Canadian entries? If not, remove my entries :(
    Thanks for the chance! Can't wait for the interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The contest is open to any member of The Bearded Scribe, regardless of country. You've accumulated 3 entries so far. Ask a question for the interview with Michael Scott for yet another entry! Thank you so much for the interest, and please spread the word to fellow fans via Facebook Share or Re-tweeting on Twitter.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...